The University of Warwick, a globally recognized institution, is home to the Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG), an academic department that stands as an international role model for successful collaboration between academia and the public and private sectors. WMG is committed to driving innovation in science, technology, and engineering, nurturing the brightest ideas and talent that will shape our future.
The University of Warwick has been assessed as 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' in the
Research Excellence Framework (REF). It is ranked 64th in the world and 10th in the UK according to the QS World University Rankings 2023. Furthermore, Warwick graduates are ranked within the UK top 10 for highest earnings in over 11 subjects, five years after graduating.
WMG, launched in January 2022, offers cutting-edge, expert-led, flexible short courses to help individuals gain new skills quickly and support businesses to develop their existing talent to drive productivity. It has also been instrumental in creating a new skills framework to ensure the UK is ready for the
transition to net carbon zero.
The University of Warwick and WMG's reputation for excellence and innovation is well-established, making them
key players in the global academic and industrial landscape.
ASOIU, as a university, emphasizes the core principles of the three pillars of sustainable development. The institution is committed to environmental preservation, and it instills in its students the significance and interplay of safeguarding natural resources, ecosystems, and energy transitions. The goal is to foster the development of responsible professionals who are not only well-trained in their respective fields but also ethically conscious, always giving precedence to social equity. This unique and carefully crafted educational model ultimately contributes to the economic facet of sustainable development, demonstrating the university's commitment to sustainable engineering.
Azerbaijan’s energy transition to be more sustainable
Mission: Creating a
sustainable learning environment to train national professionals specializing in renewable energy and the use of its technologies.
• Train highly specialized professionals who will
contribute to the development of the renewable engineering fields and transition to a sustainable energy environment in Azerbaijan. • Ensure the
preparation of qualified engineers who will be compatible with the most prominent labour market standards in the industry of the renewable energy engineering fields in Azerbaijan. • Aligning with the
strategic roadmaps of the Republic of Azerbaijan in energy, the study program aims to ensure the preparation of the research projects in the scope of renewable energy and sustainable engineering fields
Embark on a transformative journey with the distinguished Master of Science (MSc) Dual Diploma in Renewable Energy. This program is a prestigious collaboration between the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU) and WMG at the University of Warwick, a globally recognized institution ranked 64th in the world by QS Top Universities 2023.
Eight (8) modules and a project from the University of Warwick leading to a Warwick MSc.
Six (6) modules and co-supervision dissertation from ASOIU leading to an ASOIU MSc.
• 1 Month of UK Teaching Session and Technical Field Trips
During the summer period, students will not only have a chance to visit the most significant renewable energy companies and technical fields including solar farms and wind turbine operation zones in the United Kingdom but also improve their professional engineering expertise and technical language capabilities.
• “Advanced Renewable Energy Technologies” & “UK Renewable Energy Sector” Modules will be settled in the in the UK, at WMG.
• Each semester more than 3 Flying Faculty* Teaching Staff will lead the one week intensive teaching sessions at Azerbaijan State Oil & Industry University (ASOIU), Azerbaijan.
* Flying Faculty Approach
The Flying Faculty model is a unique approach used in dual degree programs where professors or instructors, often from the home institution, travel to the partner institution to teach courses. This model ensures that students at the partner institution receive the same quality of education and instruction as those at the home institution. It also provides an opportunity for students to interact directly with faculty from the home institution, enhancing their learning experience and fostering a sense of belonging to the home institution's academic community. This approach is particularly beneficial in dual degree programs, where students are awarded degrees from both institutions upon completion of the program. The Flying Faculty model thus plays a crucial role in maintaining academic integrity, quality, and consistency across different locations in dual degree programs.
The aims of the program:
• Sufficient in-depth knowledge and understanding of renewable energy technologies required for them to commence a career as professional engineers within the renewable energy sector.
• A level of employability skills and work practice experience such that they will be highly valued and sought-after engineers by future employers.
• The critical thinking and intellectual skills required for them to become expert engineers as they acquire experience of renewable energy engineering practice.
• A road-map for their continuing professional development of competences and capabilities that will lead to their accelerated progression to internationally recognised professional registration.
• The ability to undertake project engineering responsibilities successfully and safely.
• The capability to innovate in response to the opportunities of emerging technologies within the complex and dynamic renewable energy engineering sector.
• A personal commitment to contribute towards the achievement of the UN’s sustainability development goals, and to play an active role in encouraging young people into engineering careers, including providing support and mentoring when they do.
Image Resourced from
The aims of the program:
• The Renewable Energy Program aims to provide students with a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of renewable and sustainable energy technologies, global energy systems, environmental impacts, and advanced data analysis techniques.
• Provide students with a comprehensive understanding of renewable and sustainable energy technologies. This includes an in-depth knowledge of various renewable energy sources, their working principles, and their potential for integration into existing energy systems.
• Equip students with a global perspective on energy systems. This includes understanding the global energy landscape, the role of different energy systems, and the environmental impacts associated with them.
• Develop students' analytical skills, particularly in the context of renewable energy systems. This includes data analysis, modelling, and computational techniques that can be used to optimize the performance of renewable energy systems.
• Ensure specialized knowledge in emerging areas of renewable energy, such as hydrogen technology and fuel cells. This includes understanding the production, storage, and utilization of hydrogen, as well as the design and operation of fuel cells.
• Establish necessary skills to conduct research in the field of renewable energy. This includes understanding various research methodologies and how to apply them in a renewable energy context.
• Prepare students for a successful career in the renewable energy sector. This includes developing a deep understanding of the sector, as well as the practical skills needed to work in this field.
• Aligning with and contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly SDG 4 (Quality Education), SDG 9 (Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure), and SDG 13 (Climate Action). Students will learn about the role of renewable energy in achieving these goals, and will be encouraged to consider these goals in their future work in the renewable energy sector.
Industrial Engineering (Sənaye mühəndisliyi)
Computer Engineering (Kompüter mühəndisliyi)
Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering (Mexatronika və robototexnika mühəndisliyi)
Chemical Engineering (Kimya mühəndisliyi)
Environmental Engineering (Ekologiya mühəndisliyi)
Information Technology and Systems Engineering (İnformasiya texnologiyaları və sistemləri mühəndisliyi)
Oil and Gas Engineering (Neft və qaz mühəndisliyi)
Geology and Geophysics Engineering ( Geologiya və geofizika mühəndisliyi)
Mechanical Engineering (Mexanika mühəndisliyi)
Thermal Power Engineering (İstilik energetika mühəndisliyi)
Electric Power Engineering (Elektroenergetika mühəndisliyi)
Electrical Engineering (Elektrik mühəndisliyi)
Electronics, Telecommunications and Radio Engineering (Elektronika, telekkomunikasiya və radiotexnika mühəndisliyi)
Automation of Processes (Proseslərin avtomatlaşdırılması)
Energy Machinery Engineering (Enerji maşınqayırma mühəndisliyi)
Focuses on strengthen of Sustainable Engineering and Renewable Energy Related Specialties & Academic Field Developments in The University
The curriculum is meticulously designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of renewable energy.
All associated costs under the operation of this Dual Diploma Renewable Energy Program, including tuition fee, academic books, UK Travel related costs (flight, stay, and accommodation) will be fully covered under the auspices of the “State program on increasing the international competitiveness of the higher education system in the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2019-2023“ or “State Program”
1. Results from the master's admission test conducted by the State Examination Center (Dövlət İmtahan Mərkəzi).
2. A bachelor's degree that aligns with the specialties listed in our leaflet.
3. An IELTS test score of 6.5, with no individual component scoring less than 6.0.
4. A video application, no longer than 2 minutes, that effectively demonstrates your motivation for applying to the program, your unique personality, communication skills, and creativity.
5. Completion of the form available at this link:
For more information or any inquiries about the dual diploma program, please email us at
For any concerns or questions regarding official admission and registration, please reach out to us at